QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
"ONLINE APPLICATION BUTTON AT BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE"
CANDIDATES WITH FOUR YEAR ACCREDITED COLLEGE DEGREE.
CANDIDATES WITH TWO YEARS OF ACCREDITED COLLEGE OR 90 QUARTER HOURS.
CANDIDATES WHO ARE CERTIFIED AS A POLICE OFFICER WITH THE STATE OF GEORGIA.
- High school education or its equivalent as recognized by the Georgia Department of Education (GED), score 45 per section, Total 225.
- Minimum age limit for all police officers is 21 years of age.
- Pass a written test, oral interview, physical agility, background investigation, polygraph examination, drug screen, psychological, and physical examination.
- Willing to work in harmony and on any shift required.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
Salaries: Patrol Officer - Beginning salary $26,368.00
upon completion of training $29,071.00, and maximum $36,877.00.
The City of LaGrange takes pride in their employees. The City of LaGrange maintains an excellent benefit plan which is available on a non-discriminatory basis to all permanent full-time employees with low-cost health and life insurance.
- Group Health Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Basic Group Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Optional Additional AD&D
- Credit Union
- Police Officer Annuity Benefit
- Disability Income Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- City Paid Retirement Plan
- PEBSCO Deferred Compensation Retirement Plan
EDUCATIONAL AND TRAINING BENEFITS
The City of LaGrange provides in-service training for all its law enforcement officers.There is also a college reimbursement program for qualified employees.
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Bonus vacation for no
sick leave use
The following minimum guidelines are not all inclusive, but are among the principal factors considered in evaluating an applicant's candidacy for employment. Any questions should be directed to the Office of Professional Standards (706) 883-2636. 1. Must not have any felony convictions. Conviction of a misdemeanor offense may possibly deem applicant unacceptable. Pleas of Nolo Contendere are considered a conviction.
2. More than one DUI, or any DUI in the past five years.
3. Must show a stable employment history.
4. Must have a credit history that reflects a pattern of credit stability. Can not have a bankruptcy in progress, pending any garnishments, or civil judgment which may cause undue hardship while employed.
5. Must not have an extensive history of illegal drug use. Shall not have used marijuana within the past 24 month period prior to date of application. Experimental usage of marijuana prior to age 21 will not be the sole reason for disqualifying an applicant.
6. Must successfully complete a polygraph examination.
LaGrange Police Dept.
P.O. Box 430, 100 Haralson Street
LaGrange, Ga. 30241